How to Use Eye Drops
There are several types of eye drops formulated for allergy relief. Doctors will mainly prescribe those that contain antihistamines. However, there are also some natural and homeopathic remedies available over the counter. These natural products don't have any harsh chemicals, nor do they have side effects. Whichever eye drops you are using, here are some tips how to use them in a proper way:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Sit down in front of a mirror so that you can see what you are doing and remove the top from the bottle.
3. Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye, eyelashes, or any other surface.
4. Tilt your head back and look upwards. Gently pull your lower eyelid down.
5. Hold the dropper above your eye and squeeze one drop inside your lower eyelid.
6. Release the lower eyelid and blink a few times to make sure the whole of the eye is covered by the liquid.
7. Wipe away any excess with a clean tissue.
8. If you need to put in more than one drop, or if you are using another type of eye drop, then you should wait for a few minutes before putting the next drop in. If you do not wait then the first drop may be washed out by the second before it has had time to work.
Your eye-drops have been tested to make sure that they are free from germs when you receive them. In order to keep them in good condition, follow these simple rules:
When not in use, keep the bottle tightly closed in a cool, dark place.
If the dropper is separate, DO NOT put it down on any surface.
DO NOT allow the dropper or dropper nozzle to touch your eye or your fingers.
NEVER lend your eye-drops to anyone else.
Eye drops should not be used for longer than four weeks. This is because they can become dirty and infected. Write the date that you open the bottle on the label so that you will know when to throw them away.
DO NOT wear contact lenses until your course of eye-drops is finished, unless you have been told otherwise.
Allergy Eye Drops Without Antihistamine
The Similasan’s Allergy Eye Relief stimulates the body’s natural ability to relieve the symptoms of allergies, due to pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and so on. It gives your eyes soothing relief from irritating allergens. This homeopathic formula your eyes soothing relief from burning itching redness and excessive watering of your eyes... LEARN MORE
Freebies & Discount Codes
Find out freebies and coupons for savings on health products available on the Web