| || || |
:: Health Conditions
- Phobia / Panic Disorder / Anxiety Disorder
Atenolol belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers reduce the workload on the heart and help it to beat more regularly. Atenolol controls, but does not cure, high blood pressure (hypertension).
Atenolol also relieves chest pain (angina), and can be helpful after a heart attack. Sometimes atenolol is used to help prevent migraine headaches. Generic atenolol tablets are available.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
What happens if I overdose?
Symptoms of an atenolol overdose include a slow heart beat, shortness of breath, fainting, dizziness, weakness, confusion, nausea, and vomiting.
Possible side effects of Atenolol
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; hives);
- wheezing or shortness of breath;
- an unusually slow or irregular heart beat;
- swelling of your feet and/or lower legs;
- leg pain or cramping;
- sudden weight gain (more than 2 pounds in one day or 5 pounds in one week);
- chest (heart) pain;
- cold or blue feet and hands; or
- skin rash.
If you experience any of the following less serious side effects, continue taking atenolol and talk to your doctor:
- fatigue or confusion;
- headache or dizziness;
- weak pulse or mildly slow heart rate;
- diarrhea, constipation, gas, nausea, or vomiting;
- nightmares; or
- impotence (difficulty obtaining or maintaining an erection)
Phobias and fears are common - over 10% of people experience
a simple phobia at some time. From elevators, spiders and
birds, to heights, dentists and open spaces, there is nothing
we can't develop anxiety or phobias about. Happily, hypnosis
provides an extremely effective cure for these problems as
it provides the opposite of anxiety - deep relaxation - while
teaching the mind a different way of responding to the feared
object or situation...
Hypnosis is a powerful, effective and
100% natural part of you... Solve
your fears & phobias