| || || |
:: Health Conditions
- Phobia / Panic Disorder / Anxiety Disorder
is the brand name of the drug Escitalopram.
Escitalopram is in a class of drugs called selective serotonin
reuptake inhibitors. Escitalopram affects chemicals in the
brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression.
Escitalopram is used in the treatment of depression and generalized
anxiety disorder (GAD).
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next regularly scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and take the next one as directed. Do not take a double dose of this medication unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
Symptoms of a escitalopram overdose include nausea, vomiting, tremor, drowsiness, dizziness, sweating, and a fast heartbeat.
Possible side effects of Escitalopram
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking escitalopram and call your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical treatment:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- an irregular heartbeat or pulse;
- low blood pressure (dizziness, weakness);
- high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision); or
- chills or fever.
If you experience any of the following less serious side effects, continue taking escitalopram and talk to your doctor:
- headache, tremor, nervousness, or anxiety;
- nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth, or changes in appetite or weight;
- sleepiness or insomnia; or
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur.
Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual
or that is especially bothersome.
Phobias and fears are common - over 10% of people experience
a simple phobia at some time. From elevators, spiders and
birds, to heights, dentists and open spaces, there is nothing
we can't develop anxiety or phobias about. Happily, hypnosis
provides an extremely effective cure for these problems as
it provides the opposite of anxiety - deep relaxation - while
teaching the mind a different way of responding to the feared
object or situation...
Hypnosis is a powerful, effective and
100% natural part of you... Solve
your fears & phobias